Monday, July 30, 2007

Hello from Pennsylvania!


Our new home!




Well, we've been here for a month now. We are almost finished painting and unpacking. Three of our neighbors brought us welcome gifts within the first few weeks, how nice! We feel very comfortable and safe in our neighborhood. I will post pictures as fast as I can to give you all an idea of what our new life looks like. Please leave comments or email me!!!

A few of the things we have done so far:
*Visited Gettysburg. Elijah calls it Gettysbooger and the memorial statues- statuwas. We drove through the battlefield to find the kids favorite memorial, The New York Celtic Cross, and ate at an underground tavern that was a stop on the underground railroad.
*Drove through Amish country. The main Amish communities are a couple of hours away and we went on a Sunday so most everything was closed. We did see a lot of horse and buggies and discovered a lot of things to go back and do when some of you all come out for a visit!
*Spent a day at Laurel Lake. A friend from church invited us to go to the lake today. The kids had a blast! There was a really nice sand beach but it still had the feel of the mountainous lake surrounded by trees and picnic tables. We found some nice camping sites and all of this is only about half an hour away.


8 comments:

Jason said...

Great Post! I should leave a note on my blog that they will probably get much more information on your blog.

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole

Nicole said...

Hi Steve!! I can't believe I don't have your e-mail on my computer. I'm putting it in right now!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it either.

angie said...

I am jealous that you got to see amish country!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick,

What a great idea, thank you for spending the time to keep us informed .

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I need you to come help me decorate when we get moved! Vic was pretty excited you got to see the Amish country. We can't wait to see you! We'll call or write soon.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog site.......Great Job keep it updated it makes me feell like we are not that far apart. LOve you LOts!!!!