Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Our new pets.




This little creature is a 'House Centipede'. I find them curled up on the basement floor every once in a while and then the other day I was making my bed and one scurried across the throw pillow. AAAHHHHHHH! It was about 2 inches long and 1/2 an inch wide and faster than Speedy Gonzales. I had to hunt it out from under the bed and finally got it, to your relief I'm sure. I looked on line and found the name and some pictures. I guess they are completely harmless and eat smaller more dangerous bugs so they don't suggest you even try to get rid of them. I'll have to think about that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DONT LIKE THAT THING!!!!!!!! NOT AT ALLLLLLL!!!!!! Hey I am glad you got a job! What is it and where is it? LOVE YOU!

Cara Jo said...

That is so gross and nasty. You ought to move back here because we don't have any yucky bugs like that! HA!
Glad you caught him. I'm sure you gently picked him up, took him outside and put him on a rose petal, right?! :)

Anonymous said...

That is SO disgusting! It looks like something from my darkest nightmares!

Anonymous said...

that bug does look scarey, we have gecos in our house , they say they eat other bugs such as spiders.. I dont know. I am glad you found you a good job... Grandpa and Grandma Mau

Nicole said...

Oh Cara, you make me laugh!

Nicole said...

Wow, I can't imagine a lizard running across my throw pillow!